Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Irish Way

My time in Ireland is ending.

A part of me is wicked excited for the next step.

The other part of me has an undeniable feeling of impending doom. Okay. More like impending unknown. And impending possiblity of having to get a summer job in customer service. Which, I naivly thought wouldn't be a nessecity after getting my bachelors.


Anyway. In a completly unrelated conversation the other day my host mom mentioned that "Just getting on with it" was a common Irish mentality to about any situation.

So that's what I'm trying to do.

I don't want it to sound like I hate the idea of leaving Ireland. I don't. It is just a big change.

But I'm Just-Getting-On-With-It.

I have a pretty fool-proof plan for this.

1. Write. I love writing. One friend pointed out that I should use this time of transition to really go crazy with writing because it will be comforting.

2. Work out-- This has been my goal all year. The first half I was really good. I have been less good since January. But I don't want to go home fluffy.

3. Paint my toe nails. It helps me feel good.

4. Help other people. Okay. I put this in because it felt like an incredibly self-absorbed blog post so far. Sure I'll help people. That sounds good. Or I'll at least state the intend so I don't look like such a selfish person.

5. Watch more Bones and less Spooks, Doctor Who, Eternal Law, Scott and Bailey, Last Tango in Halifax Hustle and Downton in an attempt to re-familairize myself with American culture.

6. Just kidding. I'm going to watch Spooks because it is what I do when I'm in the midst of a freak out.

Yeah that sounds about right.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Madisson, how are you?
    I found your profile in seriousteachers.com. Can we chat over skype about teaching position in Uzbekistan? Waiting your reply. Ravshan. rnamozov@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete